Close Menu
    What's Hot

    Your Brain Wasn’t Built for 24/7 Bad News. Here’s How to Break the Cycle

    August 23, 2026

    What Is the ‘Russian Manicure’ Trend and Why You Should Probably Skip It

    August 22, 2026

    Boston Payphone Lets Gen Z ‘Call a Boomer’, Then a Senior Answers 3,000 Miles Away

    August 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    BlusherBlusher
    • Home
    • Blusher Stories
    • Entertainment
      • Trending Topics
      • Arts & Culture
    • Lifestyle
    • Fashion
    • Product Reviews
      • Fashion & Apparel
      • Foot, Hand & Nail Care
      • Health & Wellness
      • Makeup
      • Hair Care
      • Skin Care
      • Gadgets
      • Holidays
    BlusherBlusher
    Home»Uncategorized»East Wing of the White House Will be Demolished ‘Within Days’

    East Wing of the White House Will be Demolished ‘Within Days’

    Kate RowBy Kate RowOctober 24, 2025
    Source: X

    Products are selected by our editors, we may earn commission from links on this page.

    Source: X/ Wikimedia Commons

    The East Wing of the White House is to be fully demolishedslated “within days,” according to administration officials. President Trump’s decision to replace the historic section of the White House with a state-of-the-art ballroom has raised controversy and outrage.  

    Trump’s Project

    Source: Wikimedia Commons


    Under the leadership of Donald Trump, the White House plans to construct a 90,000-square-foot State Ballroom adjacent to the White House residence and build it where the East Wing currently stands. Trump called the project a major upgrade and said, “In order to do it properly, we had to take down the existing structure.”


    Cost of the Rebuild

    Source: Shutterstock


    He estimated the cost at approximately $300 million, financed through private donations and his own contributions. The move represents one of the most significant structural changes to the executive residence in decades.

    False Assurance

    Source: Shutterstock


    Earlier this year, Trump assured the public that the new ballroom project would not “interfere” with the existing East Wing. At a July press event he stated, “It’ll be near it but not touching it—and pays total respect to the existing building.” However, photos and internal briefings from October indicate full demolition is already underway, contradicting his previous claims.

    Trump’s Plans for the East Wing

    Source: Wikimedia Commons


    The plan calls for the removal of the current East Wing and replacing it with a modern structure featuring glass corridors, grand ballrooms and expanded guest-service areas. The project teams note the 90,000-square-foot ballroom will be even larger than the main White House residence itself. 

    Why Some Are Outraged

    Source: Wikimedia Commons


    Preservationists, historians, and members of Congress argue the demolition ignores required review processes and threatens historical integrity. Senate and House members have expressed concern that the teardown could be permanent and irreversible. One senator said the move was “a betrayal of the public trust and our national heritage.”

    History of the East Wing

    Source: thewhitehouse.gov


    The East Wing was first constructed in 1902 and received a major renovation in 1942, which added a second story and redesigned its function as offices for the first lady and the White House social staff. It has served a variety of ceremonial and administrative roles for generations of First Families.

    Melania Remains Silent

    Source: Wikimedia Commons


    First Lady Melania Trump has not publicly commented on the demolition of her old offices within the East Wing or the relocation of her staff. Communications from the White House have described the space as being “temporarily relocated” during construction. No official statement has yet addressed how the change impacts the first lady’s role or staffing.

    Renovation Plans

    Source: Wikimedia Commons


    While the demolition is moving forward, the White House says the rebuild is a “modernization” designed to support state-level entertaining and accommodate up to 999 guests in the new ballroom. Officials maintain that the project is privately funded and will not impact taxpayer dollars.

    Pushback

    Source: Wikimedia Commons


    Critics continue to voice concern about transparency, donor influence, and regulatory oversight. A letter from the National Trust for Historic Preservation called for a pause to demolition until proper statutory reviews are completed. The head of the National Capital Planning Commission (NCPC), who also serves as Trump’s staff secretary, said that because the board lacks jurisdiction over demolition, the work may proceed unchecked.

    Demo
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • TikTok
    • WhatsApp
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    Latest Reviews
    Demo
    Most Popular

    Experience Radiant Skin with the BAIMEI Jade Roller Set

    February 12, 2024

    Nail Your Manicure Every Time With These 6 Hacks

    September 18, 2017

    PUCKER UP! Try These Four Lip Hacks

    September 18, 2017
    ©2025 First Media, All Rights Reserved
    • Home

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.